Unlock the visual history and key moments of Marvel’s greatest super hero team.
Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, and The Incredible Hulk — these four characters are the most prominent members of the Avengers, super heroes who have captured our imagination for half a century and spawned a vast range of cultural products. Thunder Bay’s Marvel: The Avengers Vault unlocks the visual history and key moments of this immensely popular super hero team.
Among this book’s unique features are a thorough overview of each Avenger’s key historical moments, removable reproductions of original artwork, Captain America’s Sentinels of Liberty membership card, and other exciting memorabilia. The book also introduces a myriad of other characters, including Hawkeye, Black Widow, the Winter Soldier, Edwin Jarvis, and more.
Here are some fun facts about the Avengers:
- Captain America was not one of the group’s founding members. He was their first recruit.
- Black Widow is Natasha Romanoff, a spy who defected from Russia.
- The original line-up for the Avengers in 1963 was Hulk, Iron Man, Ant Man, the Wasp, and Thor.
- In a 1966 issue, the Avengers offered membership to Spider Man, but he declined, later becoming an ally and, decades later, a full member.
- Captain America is one of the few who can lift Thor’s hammer.
- The Hulk is able to see ghosts and spirits and can travel three miles with one leap.
- Disenchanted with American politics, Captain America changed his name and costume to Nomad for a short time in the 1970s.
- The name of Thor’s hammer is Mjolnir, and derives from Norse mythology.
- Some less prominent Avengers such as Hawkeye and Black Widow began as villains.
Whether you can’t get enough of the Avengers, or just want to learn more about them, Marvel: The Avengers Vault offers a treasure trove sure to please anyone!