Printers Row Publishing Group:

Blog

The Wizard of Oz Crochet

November 7, 2013

Wizard of Oz CrochetWe all loved the movie as children, and most of us still love it as adults. A classic film coupled with a classic craft provides all the warm fuzzies anyone needs to end up with lovable, huggable creations with The Wizard of Oz Crochet. Embrace your inner child and follow the step-by-step instructions to create your very own characters from Oz, including Dorothy, Toto, Tin Man, Scarecrow, Lion, a flying monkey, the good witch, the wicked witch, and more.

• Beautiful photography along with step-by-step instructions.
  • Perfect for film buffs, crafters, yarn enthusiasts, and lovers of all things Oz.
  • The Wizard of Oz Crochet brings a whole new life to a classic favorite!

COWARDLY LION PROJECT CORRECTION:

Have you been having problems completing the Cowardly Lion? Here’s an errata sheet for the project with revised instructions for the pattern. We apologize for the inconvenience.

0 0 vote
Article Rating

Notify of
guest

11 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Amanda Crawley
Amanda Crawley
December 27, 2015 8:30 am

For the tin man body – it starts with a chain 10, never tells you to join into a round, but even if it did the directions have you using 17 stitches – when you start with 10. Other than just making a larger chain so I have enough stitches I can’t figure out what I am supposed to do here

Caryn Shepler
Caryn Shepler
April 16, 2017 11:45 pm
Reply to  Amanda Crawley

When you do the 3 sc, you should be doing it at the end of the chain. Then you work back across the other side of the chain. The next 3 sc space should turn you back to the side of the chain you started on. This gives you the top of the shoulders area.

Katie
Katie
April 22, 2017 3:17 pm
Reply to  Caryn Shepler

Thanks, Caryn! I NEVER would have figured that out without your explanation! As a beginner crochet maker, I found even the tin man pattern to be challenging, but eventually doable 🙂 I think I will try some simpler things before making any more amigurumi projects!

Deborah Spitznagel
Deborah Spitznagel
February 12, 2016 9:34 am

I received this kit as a present. I am trying to make the ruby slippers and having issues. It keeps saying turn at the end of every row, but if you follow exactly how written it never gets to the end of a row. The pictures with this pattern are not helpful other than to let me know what i was doing is wrong.
Can someone contact me with better explanation of the ruby slippers pattern please?

Rebecca Moreland
Rebecca Moreland
March 29, 2016 7:34 am

As much as I am enjoying creating these little characters, I’m noticing errors in nearly all of the patterns in this book. Are there corrected patterns for all of them in this collection?

Serena
Serena
May 15, 2016 10:35 am

Hi,
I’m enjoying your kit for the Wizard of oz, and have completed the tin man and wicked witch of the east – So cute! I’m completely stumped on the shoes however, and when I read the reviews, came across the frustrations that others have experienced with the patterns. I read that you will email the errata to all of the characters upon request? I would very much appreciate the corrections as I’m looking forward to completing the complete set. Thank you very much!
Serena

Danielle meisel
Danielle meisel
December 26, 2016 12:38 am

Can I have an errata sheet for all of the characters. I don’t understand how you could sell something with so many errors. Very frustrating. I received this as a Christmas present.

Marion
Marion
January 4, 2017 11:48 am

Is there a corrected pattern for the witch? I’m finding it to be poorly written and not clear as to where some of the stitches go.

Kim
Kim
February 9, 2017 11:22 am

The errata sheet for the Lion is still wrong. In Round 8 of the arms, it has 5 sc sc2tog, repeated. That requires 7 stitches for each repeat, or a total of 14 stitches to build off of. The previous row only has 12 stitches. I think it needs to be 4 sc2tog twice. Similarly row 10 has a mathematic impossibility. The body has a similar error, in rounds 10 and 12, I think.

I appreciate that you are making errata sheets available, but it disappoints me that those are still wrong.