Massages energize, revitalize, and renew both body and spirit, and have even been proven to restore and promote good health. But to safely practice massage, you need to understand how the body works. Everyone from new students to experienced massage therapists can benefit from this unique book dedicated to the practice of massage.
- The world of massage at your fingertips! This comprehensive book explores seven of the world’s best-known styles of massage: Swedish, Fusion, Shiatsu, Thai, River Stone, Reflexology, and Reiki.
- Detailed anatomical illustrations and approachable text demonstrate body planes, muscle groups, and crucial areas like the nervous and lymphatic systems. There is also a helpful reference section on massage terminology and a glossary of muscles.
- Next to strong hands, this comprehensive guide book is a massage therapist’s most important tool, an invaluable resource for new students and experienced therapists alike.
- Includes poster of massage techniques and muscle systems.
- Massage Anatomy brings together body mechanics with bodywork for a comprehensive guide to massage